Sandringham Golf Links Project
SANDRINGHAM GOLF LINKS PROJECT
Golf Victoria and Sandringham Golf Links Management have developed a joint Project proposal for the Sandringham Golf Links course with funding support from the Victorian State Government. The Project concept includes new and improved playing and practice facilities for the course which will be available for public use. These improvements are designed to address key golf participation trends such as providing short game options and practice facilities to encourage new markets such as young-people, female participants and time-poor players.
The Project also proposes to incorporate a number of environmental initiatives including the creation of a new water body and an increase in the number of indigenous trees and vegetation. The additional water body will increase the stormwater capture and storage, improving the environmental sustainability of the course by reducing its reliance on potable water. The increased availability of water will significantly improve the playing surfaces on tees, greens and fairways.
The Project concept includes the following elements:
- Public driving range: 350 metre (approximately) long driving range including grass tees and target greens.
- Public short game practice area: Large chipping area and putting green.
- Public golf training facilities: Indoor training facilities including golf simulators.
- Public café: Public café within the main building with views over the course.
- An area for Golf Victoria and Course Management: Administration space for Golf Victoria and Sandringham Golf Links staff.
- Creation of another water body: For water storage and course irrigation, reducing the course’s reliance on potable water.
- Increase the number of indigenous trees and vegetation.
- Course safety improvements.
Further information and updates on the Project including a Golf Course concept plan can be viewed at www.golfvic.org.au/sandringhamproject